Username: Password:

Author Topic: Far Cry 5 Rants  (Read 509 times)

Offline ButtKoWitz

• Administrator
  • Registered
Far Cry 5 Rants
« on: April 07, 2018, 04:22:28 PM »
Upset? Need to vent? Find something buggy, stupidly implemented, or just simply annoying? Rant away -- try to keep it semi-civil.

Offline ButtKoWitz

• Administrator
  • Registered
Volume Slider. Yes, that's singular.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 04:23:00 PM »
This game, a AAA $60++ game, has only ONE volume slider. The MASTER slider to, you know, control the volume of all the OTHER volume sliders. This is 2018, not pre-1995. F'n UbiSuck can't even implement separate volume sliders for things like Ambient, UI, Dialog, Music. Or options to play, or not play, sound when tabbed out. Lame. Really fucking lame.

Otherwise I'm liking the game thus far.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 04:25:05 PM by ButtKoWitz »

Offline ButtKoWitz

• Administrator
  • Registered
Tutorial
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 04:33:07 PM »
The tutorial is a bunch of pre-alpha notes to read on how to play the game? There's almost NO tutorial? Occasionally something pops up on screen with a tip on how things work.

For example:
After the initial sequence of mostly movies and You Can Move Your Head, a little, But Can't PLAY Yet you end up following your companions into a village towards a church (100% follow the pre-scripted routine). About half way into walking to the chuch, the game decides it's time to tutor you, and pops up, "Press W to walk forward". Mmm hmm, no shit!? Like I have been already for 30+ seconds.

Or how about some basic guidance on using explosives, you know like how to throw a grenade, or bomb a shrine. I had to google "how to destroy shrine" when I found the first shrine because, yeah I'm stupid, I couldn't figure it out.

Otherwise I'm liking the game thus far.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 04:37:06 PM by ButtKoWitz »

Offline sir clivo

• 1S2K
  • Registered
Re: Far Cry 5 Rants
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 01:25:16 AM »
centre mouse is default to through. use q key and e key to cycle different item ie fishing rod & other items. you can also cycle throw able  items.  best way to get money kill animals and sell skins in shop. keep the dead meat looks like a finger. you can through these and animals will come. as for perks save them till you have enough to open second weapon slot. best guns (i think) you can get early ak as.also spass flame out shot gun. and the first of the saw type lmg. add scopes and extended ammo/.  the use of homeopathic drugs is good/ pick wild plants. and craft speed enhance also hunting, they last about 1 Minuit.there are lots of side missions and personal quests all give perk points.the fishing is great fun. enjoy

Offline ButtKoWitz

• Administrator
  • Registered
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 09:10:08 AM »
About done with the game. If I have to do that fucking dream sequence, "cull the herd", one more time I'm going to scream. I find it so fucking annoying. On my third iteration of it (gets longer each new time you HAVE to do it) and I just quit. I can't stand it. Drives me nuts. I fucking hate timers.

Offline Rhett

• 1S2K Mods
  • Registered
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 05:37:10 PM »
I haven't made it that far, it sounds like one of those areas that are impossible, and then you go back a month later and breeze right through it :) 

I have noticed that at 65 years old, I can't stay up late and play as I used to, sleep to important to me, so I guess I will be a weekend warrior on the main game , I do mess with the editor for a bit each evening tho.

Offline sir clivo

• 1S2K
  • Registered
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 12:20:08 AM »
YES THAT PARTS A PAIN BUT YOU DONT HAVE TO SHOOT ALL THE ai     you can run through and jump down the  hole and just kill the last few. once you kill the main man its the end of that . i am 65 this year and if i can do it i am sure a young whipper snapper like you can do it. lol. just published my first map sniper bridges , not my best but it takes a while to get in to it again. there is a lot more content in the map edd than farcry 2 had. hope to find a few good maps to play. you can set up a private 6v6 game it works well.

Offline Rhett

• 1S2K Mods
  • Registered
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 04:18:08 PM »
Ok, new rant, I made a no cross sniper Map, validated and published it, THEN, went to find it on the servers, finally did find it only to discover that in order to play it, you must have 6 players per side, no way to adjust the player count !! Really, what is the point in making maps and publish them if they are never going to get played ??? Arghhh.... UBiSucks strikes again !

Offline sir clivo

• 1S2K
  • Registered
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 04:08:41 AM »
if you have a private party you can start it with 2. not sure if you add AI in to the mix if the game will start. it does in solo and coop maps. my sniper map has had 26 downloads so far , so i assume people look for map types and then form there own party of 6v6 or 1v1 as you prefer.if you go in arcade and look at your published maps it should show your star rating and download amount.

Offline sir clivo

• 1S2K
  • Registered
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 04:47:26 AM »
farcry 5 screeny

Offline Rhett

• 1S2K Mods
  • Registered
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2018, 11:13:12 AM »
I guess I got a few plays, they could sure make it easier to find games tho ... https://www.screencast.com/t/gAZ34gpi13

Offline Rhett

• 1S2K Mods
  • Registered
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2018, 07:24:37 PM »
LOL, did Buttko make this video... funny, but true !!   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXYG67z-Ye4

Offline ButtKoWitz

• Administrator
  • Registered
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2018, 02:42:21 PM »
LOL, did Buttko make this video... funny, but true !!   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXYG67z-Ye4

haha yeah I wish I had made it!

Offline sir clivo

• 1S2K
  • Registered
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2018, 08:18:30 AM »
love it

Offline cdragonm

• 1S2K Mods
  • Registered
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2018, 07:09:49 PM »