Username: Password:

Author Topic: Ubisucks  (Read 2116 times)

Offline Halenio

• 1S2K
  • Registered
Ubisucks
« on: September 11, 2016, 03:06:28 PM »
The other night, I loaded up Far Cry 2 for some reason. Thought i'd go over to the multiplayer and I found myself surprised. Player matches was still there and there was life there. Played a few ubisucks matches and it was all good. It was running fine, I was very much out of practice and I even saw some old faces there. It was nice. I wouldn't mind going back again.

Offline cdragonm

• 1S2K Mods
  • Registered
Re: Ubisucks
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 08:20:44 PM »
NO.....lol Hal, you are fired

Offline ButtKoWitz

• Administrator
  • Registered
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 10:28:17 PM »
Hal's experiencing his mid-life crisis.

Offline Rhett

• 1S2K Mods
  • Registered
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 11:30:38 AM »
The Official Game servers at Ubi are still up, but you can not upload user maps anymore, so you are stuck playing the original maps.  The work around for this is Tunngle, a virtual Private network, many don't like VPN's, but Tunngle has always worked well for me and I have run a server there. Since you run Far Cry as a Local Network game , other players get the maps from you, not Ubisoft, so custom maps work as before..

That being said, I haven't played for some time, but it is still loaded on my PC. There are usually about 50 players in the Tunngle FC2 area on weekends and 30 or so during the week.

Another good thing about Tunngle is it supports most old games that have a lan setting, this is good if you have a clan that likes a older game that has been abandoned... probably useless info, but thought I'd put it out there. ;)

Offline n.meadows

• 1S2K
  • Registered
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 06:04:20 PM »
i thought about loading FC2 up and running through the single player again. then my brain woke back up and I realized i have about 100+ games on steam that i bought but havent even downloaded yet. foolish me!