Username: Password:

Author Topic: Downtime  (Read 3293 times)

Offline Rhett

• 1S2K Mods
  • Registered
Downtime
« on: April 07, 2015, 09:23:24 PM »
having a new garage / shop built, Internet antenna is on the old shop, so I may be down for a couple days... jfyi

Offline sir clivo

• 1S2K
  • Registered
Re: Downtime
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 04:32:31 AM »
so you won the lottery then. big $$$$$ ? must be.    new garage new pc. same wife?????.quack. :-*

Offline Rhett

• 1S2K Mods
  • Registered
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 05:15:30 AM »
no, the old shop was sinking in to the ground, so a new one is needed. no worries about the internet though, Air-Pipe came out and moved the antenna for FREE.

Before    http://screencast.com/t/3GTgGT85yDcv

Now       http://screencast.com/t/f482KMqTyf

It will be about a month before they build the new one.

Offline ButtKoWitz

• Administrator
  • Registered
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 02:21:13 AM »
I feel your pain! I've been building a shop for about 8 months now (having done very little on it since mid-November). I'm lazy! Having a hard time motivating myself to work, let alone spend money.

Offline Rhett

• 1S2K Mods
  • Registered
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 09:07:53 AM »
We contracted for this one because I knew I would never get it done :)  36' x 36' pole building with a 24 x 10 lean to, we will add a space inside for a guest room and a computer area, and since the son is a plumber, a bathroom also, so the actual shop size will be about 24 x 36, hopefully, I can fit all my #rap in there. We rented a 40' conex to keep it in until the shop is done, the lean to will be used as a patio. the shop will come with insulation and the concrete, as well as 3 doors, 6 windows and a 16 x 8 garage door in front with a opener, the rear will have a 8 x 8 sliding barn door for access to the back yard with my mower.   pretty excited to get it up so I can work on/in it :)

Offline Halenio

• 1S2K
  • Registered
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 12:19:19 PM »
I can fit all my #rap in there.

I didn't know that you knew how to rap. Pretty exciting.

Offline ButtKoWitz

• Administrator
  • Registered
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 02:23:35 AM »
We contracted for this one because I knew I would never get it done :)  36' x 36' pole building with a 24 x 10 lean to, we will add a space inside for a guest room and a computer area, and since the son is a plumber, a bathroom also, so the actual shop size will be about 24 x 36, hopefully, I can fit all my #rap in there. We rented a 40' conex to keep it in until the shop is done, the lean to will be used as a patio. the shop will come with insulation and the concrete, as well as 3 doors, 6 windows and a 16 x 8 garage door in front with a opener, the rear will have a 8 x 8 sliding barn door for access to the back yard with my mower.   pretty excited to get it up so I can work on/in it :)

Nice Rhett. My pole barn's 30x50, half of it was already slabbed (not a very good job, but works), and enclosed w/ barn doors when I bought the place. Other half (25x30) was just an open dirt floor and cheap tin roof. I had a slab poured, framed and sided and new roof (insulated) over the "new" half of it. 12x10' & 8x7' doors, windows/man-door. Insulated and last thing I did was hang sheet rock (just from the floor up to 8' ... higher is insulated + vapor barrier). Ran electrical to it (~70' from the meter), paid a pro to do it right and got that certified, but I'll run the interior lines myself... so far just have one outlet and one interior/exterior light. :p I figure in 1-5 more years I'll finish it.